You can configure a work profile on your (private) Android device. All apps within this profile are managed by your administrator and remain separate from your private accounts, apps and data. Your administrator has no access to the private section of your device.
If you would like to configure a work profile on your Android device, proceed as follows.
Note! The device must be encrypted. If it is not, either you or the user will be prompted to encrypt the device during the configuration.
- Open the First Steps Wizard (left illus.) in the User Self Service Portal.
- In Step 1 select the option Android Enterprise (right illus.).
- To download the securitiy certificate, tap Download (arrow in left illus.).
- Then enter any name for the certificate (arrow in right illus.) and confirm with OK.
Note! If the security certificate download fails, long tap on the Download button (arrow in left illus.). Now tap on Save link or Download link and then on GetCA at the bottom of the display. Now you can enter the certificate name (arrow in right illus.).
- After successful installation of the certificate tap Next (left illus.).
- By tapping Download (arrow in left illus.) the Wizard will lead you to the Google Play Store and the Cortado app.
- To install the app tap Install (arrow in right illus.).
- After successful installation of the Cortado app tap Next in the First Steps Wizard (left illus.).
- Tap in Step 4 on MDM Profile (arrow in left illus.).
- Tap on Open with Cortado to complete the action. Confirm with Always or Just once (arrow in right illus.).
- You can recognize these apps by the red briefcase image in the app icon (arrows in left illus.).
- You can delete the work profile from your device at any time under Settings→ Accounts (arrow in right illus.).
Note! Location sharing for the work profile is active by default. You can change this setting under Settings→ Security & location→ Location→ Location for work profile.