The user’s access rights are completely carried over from the AD.
- The users must be members of an AD group of the global type.
- Share the drive for this group (under Properties→ Advanced Sharing).
- Grant Full Control, (see left illus., example: Sales Group).
- Add the same group also to Properties→ Security.
- Grant at least the following permissions (see right illus.):
- List folder / read data
- Read extended attributes
- Read permissions
- Change permissions
- Take ownership
Cortado server settings
To allow access to shared folders on the corporate network, directly via the Cortado app, the Windows app or via any web browser (web app), you can grant users this privilege either via a group template or the user management (Users).
- Open Control Panel→ Group Templates→ Network Drives or Control Panel→ Users→ Network Drives, to give users access to network drives.
- Mark the group template or one or more users (illus.).
- Then select under Network Drives→ Add in the context menu (arrow in illus.).
For a network drive make the following settings:
- Enter the drive name under Drive name or letter (freely selectable). Alternatively you can enter a drive letter. Under Type of link select Network drive and under Path specify the path to the desired drive.
- If the users have a Home Folder (home directory), in the AD, it can also be made available. For this purpose, enter one of the following variables under Path: %HOMEDIR% (for home folder in AD), %USERUPN% (for UPN) or %USERNAME% (for SAM account name). If the drive letter and directory are to be read out, enter %HOMEDRIVE% above and %HOMEDIR% below.
Configure SharePoint access
Here you can configure the access to Microsoft SharePoint or SharePoint Online für Office 365 Employees can access Microsoft SharePoint with their tablet, smartphone or notebook just as easily as any other file system. Neither a separate app nor an extra browser is required. For SharePoint access the following settings are required:
- Under Drive name or letter enter the name of the SharePoint drive (user-selectable). This name will be displayed later in the Cortado app, the web app or the Windows app. For Type of link select SharePoint and enable the Use SSL checkbox, if required. Now enter in the Server address and the Library name. The Library name is the folder in which the user will later be given access to SharePoint .
- In order to use the SharePoint drive later in the Cortado app, the web app or the Windows app the users must go to the User Self Service Portal and enter the login information for SharePoint (see the section Setup SharePoint access).
- Repeat the procedure for all desired network drives.
- These network drives are now displayed with the network path and the corresponding drive label under Users→ Network Drives.
- The users now have the configured drives available in the Cortado app, the Windows app and the web app.
Editing shared drives
- Edit: If you want to make changes to a shared drive, select it and click Edit.
- Remove: If you want to delete a shared drive, select it and click Remove.
Directories created in this way can now be found again in the root directory of the Cortado server (here: C:\User Storage, see illus.).
In the Cortado Server’s User Storage, one folder per user is created with the shared AD network drives.
Note! If you later change the path to the user storage (for example, while running the Configuration Assistant again), the network drives defined here will be lost.