Options in the user and group management
Under Control Panel→ Users or Control Panel→ Group Templates you can further configure and manage settings of the successfully imported users.
The following options are available if you have marked at least one use or one group template:
- Remove: Here you can remove selected user from Cortado user management. In doing so, the user will not be deleted from AD. The license previously used by this user is then immediately free and can be made available for another user.
- Send E-mail: (only for user) With this action, users will be sent a welcome e-mail. It contains important informations for the users. There is more on this in the section Mail.
- Get Settings: With this action you can assign settings from one user to another (network drives, printers, settings, max device count, apps, policies, profiles and blacklisted apps).
- Fast Enrollment: With this action, you can roll out e.g. certificates, apps or MDM profiles onto the users’ devices. Then, it’s no longer necessary for the users themselves to log in to the User Self Service Portal, to be able to configure the Cortado app. See section Fast Enrollment).
- Enable/Disable Android Enterprise: You enable or disable the users for Android Enterprise here. To enable users, several settings must be made beforehand under Global Settings→ MDM→ Configure→ Android MDM (see the section Configure Android Enterprise).
- Change Project Owner: (only for user) See the section Change Project Owner.
- Edit, Set Priority, Rollout: (only for group templates) See the section Create group templates.
- Remove Settings: Here you can delete configuration settings for selected users. You can select which settings you want to delete. Select the relevant settings (Network Drives, Printers, Policies, MDM Profiles, Apps, Blacklisted Apps) and delete them with Remove.
Activate Google Accounts users manually for Android Enterprise
When using Google Accounts: If the domains of the AD email addresses of the users do not match with the Primary Domain you can enable users manually, after the import.
- In this case, clear the Auto enable users for Android Enterprise while import checkbox and Create Google account using AD email address checkbox during the Android MDM configuration (see the section Transferring Google settings to the management console).
- Firstly, import the users, as described in the sections Import and manage users or groups.
- Then select the desired Group Templates or users under Control Panel→ Group Templates or Control Panel→ Users (left arrow in illus.) and then click on Enable Android Enterprise (right arrow in illus.).
- Add the missing information, if necessary, (E-Mail, First name, Last name) and confirm with OK.
- Now a Google account will be created for the selected user, under the supplied email address.
- The user is simultaneously enabled for Android enterprise (right arrows in illus.).
- To disable a user, simply click on Disable Android Enterprise (middle arrow in illus.).
Assign to users or groups
If you have created Policies, Profiles, Apps & Docs, Managed Configurations or VPP Accounts in the management console, you can also assign them here to the users or groups.
- Then select users or group templates (left arrow in illus.).
- Then select what you want to assign (Policies, Profiles, Apps & Docs, Managed Configurations or VPP Accounts) (example Managed Configurations in illus.).
- Then click on Assign (right arrow in illus.).
- Select the Managed Configurations (example), what you want to assign and confirm with OK.