- Copy the Cortado Proxy Extension.exe software into a directory on the proxy server.
- Some software components may have to be installed if necessary. Confirm with Install.
Note! During and after installation a Windows restart may be necessary.
- After installing the prerequisites, the Welcome window opens. Click here on Next.
- The Cortado Proxy Extension requires a Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express (x64).
- You can install it by clicking on Yes on your Proxy server.
- Or use an existing one on another server by clicking on No.
- In this case, give the proxy admin account the right beforehand to create a database on the existing SQL Server.
- Select Install Proxy Extension (only), if you only want to use the server as a proxy, and don’t wish to use the Sharing option. Click Next to continue.
Note! If you’re using the Proxy Extension without the Sharing option, most of the following installation and configuration steps are not required. No database is installed and no admin account is entered. Just enter the name of the Cortado server in the configuration wizard and install root, server and client certificates.
- Select Install Proxy Extension (with On-Premise Sharing), if you want to use the Sharing option.
- Select database server local or select an other server. Click Next to continue.
- In the next window you can designate the destination folder.
- Click Next and Cortado Proxy Extension will be installed under C:\Program Files\Cortado Proxy Extention.
- If you prefer a different folder, click Change.
- Click Next to continue.
- Start the installation.
- Now install another software component (Cortado Output Gateway).
- Click on Finish to complete the installation and then restart the server.
- The configuration assistant starts automatically. In the Welcome window, click on Next.
- Enter the password of the local administrator account which you used to perform the installation.
- Determine here whether external Sharing users will be permitted to use simple passwords. If the Allow simple password for external users checkbox is cleared, then the Windows complexity conditions that you specified for your Windows servers will be applied automatically.
- Enter the server name of the Cortado servers and the proxy server.
- If you need to use the SQL database that was created during the installation of the proxy server, leave the default setting ((local)\sqlexpress) bei. Otherwise, enter the SQL server here.
- You can click on Next if you don’t want to make any changes here, as they are optional. Alternatively, you can click on Select to define the paths to User Storage and to the Projects folder.
- Now select Import certificates from zip archive (arrow in illus.), to import your .zip file with the certificates that were generated earlier in the management console (see Download certificates).
- Click on Browse (upper arrow in illus.) to select the .zip file with the certificates (that you copied earlier from the Cortado server to the proxy server). Then enter the certificate password (middle arrow in illus.), that you assigned earlier when downloading the certificates to the Cortado server. Then select Import (lower arrow in illus.).
- You will now be able to see the certificates in the overview.
Note! If you want to use a server certificate (SSL) that was purchased from an official certification authority (e.g. Symantec or Thawte), or one generated by your own certification authority, select it now, under Select the server certificate (SSL)… aus. The purchased/self-generated server certificate (SSL) must have been previously imported into both the certificate store of the Cortado server and into the proxy server, in Certificates (Local Computer)→ Personal→ Certificates.
- Click on Proceed to continue with the basic configuration.
- To conclude the configuration, click on Close.
If you want to make the Sharing option available to your users, proceed as described in the section Sharing.