Create Exchange profile for Android Enterprise
You can create a Microsoft Exchange profile for your users. Then the users won’t have to create new e-mail accounts on their mobile devices.
- Firstly, make either of the app Gmail available for your users (see section Adding Android Enterprise apps).
Note! Occasionally, configuration of the Gmail app fails over this exchange profile. As an alternative, you can provide the Gmail email account for your users through the app’s Managed Configurations. Proceed with this as described in the section Managed Configurations.
- Select Exchange as the profile you wish to add. The following dialog will open:
Make the following settings:
- Profile name/ Account name: Specify a name for the profile or for the account.
- Exchange ActiveSync host: Enter in your mail server here. If the ActiveSync data stream from the exchange server is to be directed via the Cortado server, enter the exact address that you used for Connections under Cortado server address (see section Connections). Otherwise, enter in the address of your exchange server see the section Mail.
- Default e-mail signature: You can specify a uniform email signature for all users here.
- Domain: Put your domain name in here.
- User: Enter the user’s domain name here. With Autofill (UPN), this will be read from the AD automatically. Alternatively, you can also enter a variable (see section Using variables for the user data).
- E-mail address: You can enter the user’s e-mail address here. With Autofill, this will be read from the AD automatically.
- Password: You can optionally enter the user’s domain password here. Then the user will not have to authenticate himself on the mobile device before using the Exchange account. If you leave this field blank, the user will have to enter her or his domain password to be able to access e-mails.
- Server type: Select here whether it should be an exchange server or Lotus Domino.
- E-mail to sync: You can set up e-mail synchronisation here. Then the user will only see messages from the specified time period in the mailbox on the mobile device.
- Identity certificate: can only be selected if Use SSL has been selected on the left. If a SCEP profile (see section SCEP) or Certificate profile (see section Certificates) was set previously, this profile appears here as an option.
- Max. attachment size (in MB): Specify the maximum size of email attachments here.
You can enable various checkboxes:
- Trust all certificates: Enable this checkbox if you want to trust all security certificates. This applies particularly if you are using self-signed certificates.
- Use SSL: Select this option, if you want the connection between the mail app on the user devices and the Exchange server to be encrypted via SSL.
- Use S/MIME: Enable this checkbox if you want to encrypt emails with this protocol (Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions).
You’ll find out here how to distribute the new profile (see section Assign profile).