Creating a VPN profile for Android Enterprise
Create a VPN profile to allow users to access the firm’s network, without having to make their own settings. This profile is currently only available for Cisco Any Connect.
- Select VPN as the profile that you want to add. The following dialog will open:
Make the following settings:
- Profile name: Enter a name for the profile here.
- Connection name: Enter a name for the connection here.
- VPN server: Enter the address of a VPN server here.
- Connection type: Cisco Any Connect
- Machine authentication: Cerfificate
- Identity certificate: Select a SCEP profile or a certificate profile that you have created previously (see the sections SCEP or Certificates)
- Always-on: The Alway-on option is available as of Android Version 7. If you select this option, a connection to the work profile on the device can only be made when the VPN is active. If there is no VPN connection, the user has no access to his apps in the work profile.
- Always-on VPN app: Provide the users with the managed AnyConnect app by Cisco Systems (see the section Add apps from Play Store) and then in this data field enter the app identifier: com.cisco.anyconnect.vpn.android.avf
You’ll find out here how to distribute the new profile (see section Assign profile).