Create Wi-Fi profile for iOS
In the Wi-Fi profile, you can set up your Wi-Fi connection and assign it to the users. Now the users don’t need to log on as the wireless network will be recognised.
- Select Wi-Fi as the profile that you want to add. The following dialog will open:
Make the following settings:
- Profile name: Enter a name for the profile here.
- Service Set Identifier (SSID): Enter the network name or device number (SSID) of the Wi-Fi hotspot here.
- Security type: Select the type of Wi-Fi encryption here. Depending on the Wi-Fi encryption used, you can select a predefined SCEP profile see section SCEP) or Certificate profile (see section Certificates) under Identity certificate.
Note! If you want to use the certificate profile to distribute a root certificate that was generated with your own certificate authority, you must enter the certificate name in this Wi-Fi profile.
To do this, select the security type WPA/WPA2 Enterprise and enter the certificate name under Trusted server certificate names. Otherwise, users would be asked to agree to the untrusted certificate.
- Pre-shared key: Enter the Wi-Fi password here. Then the user will not have to enter the password to access the wireless network.
- Proxy: Here you can make the settings for a proxy server for iOS devices. Select None, if you want to do the configuration without a proxy server. Otherwise, select Manual or Automatic.
- Enable Auto Join if, after authenticating himself once, the user is always connected automatically to the wireless network provided here.
- Select Hidden Network, if your wireless network is hidden. Then the user has to enter the SSID of the Wi-Fi hotspot to use the wireless network.
You can now assign this profile to the mobile device users. Note that, to do so, Wi-Fi must be enabled on the device (green dot next to Wi-Fi, in Devices→ Details).
You’ll find out here how to distribute the new profile (see section Assign profile).