Note! This option is only available for supervised iOS devices.
You can use the Cortado Management Console to switch on the activation lock, provided the user has enabled the Find My option. A Bypass Code is then stored in the Management Console. This can be used later to automatically lift the activation lock, if you wipe the device and have to prepare it for a new user. Thus, a managed device can be passed on to a new user, even without the Apple ID and password of the existing user.
Create Bypass Code
- Select the device in the management console under Control Panel→ Devices.
- Select the Bypass Code option to switch on the activation lock.
- Accept the security prompt with OK.
- The Bypass Code for this device will be lodged with Apple.
- You can also locate the Bypass Code under Details in device properties. This may take a few minutes.
Bypass activation lock
If you find yourself in the situation of having to restore an iOS device to factory settings, but you don’t know the Apple ID and the password for the device, proceed as follows:
- Select the device in the management console under Control Panel→ Devices (left arrow in illus.) and then select Wipe Full (right arrow in illus.).
- Then select Bypass Activation Lock, to circumvent the lock (arrow in illus.).
Note! Under certain circumstances, there may be communication difficulties between the device and the Apple server. Then Apple sends an error message to the Cortado server, stating that no Bypass Code can be found for this device. In this case, enter the Bypass Code in both fields (Apple ID and password) on the device to remove the activation lock.
- Then it’s possible to enter a new Apple ID.