Create Exchange profile for iOS
You can create a Microsoft Exchange profile for your users. Then the users won’t have to create new e-mail accounts on their mobile devices.
- Select Exchange as the profile you wish to add. The following dialog will open.
Make the following settings:
- Profile name/Account name: Specify a name for the profile or for the account.
- Exchange ActiveSync host: Enter in your mail server here.
- Domain: Put your domain name in here.
- User: Enter the user’s domain name here. With Autofill (UPN) this will be read automatically. Provided that the UPN was previously stored in the user management. Alternatively, you can also use variables.
- E-mail address: You can enter the user’s e-mail address here. With Autofill this will be read automatically. Provided it was previously stored in the user management.
- Password: You can optionally enter a password. Then the user will not have to authenticate himself on the mobile device before using the Exchange account. If you leave this field blank, the user will have to enter her or his password to be able to access e-mails.
- E-mail to sync: You can set up e-mail synchronisation here. Then the user will only see messages from the specified time period in the mailbox on the mobile device.
- Identity certificate: can only be selected if Use SSL has been selected on the left. If a SCEP profile (see section SCEP profile or a Certificate profile was set previously, this profile appears here as an option.
You can enable various checkboxes:
- Allow move: With this option, you allow the user to move e-mails from this e-mail account to others.
- Allow recent address syncing: Select this option, if you want the user’s address book to be synchronized.
- Use only in Mail: This will disable the user to interact with this Exchange account from within other apps.
- Use SSL: Select this option, if you want the connection between the mail app on the user devices and the Exchange server to be encrypted via SSL.
- Use S/MIME: Select this option, if outgoing e-mails must be signed and/or encrypted. With this option enabled, you can select Signing certificate and Encryption certificate.
Note! If there was no password saved in the exchange profile, the user will receive a one-off popup message on his device, with a prompt to enter his password. If the user does not enter the password then, it can be entered later in the device settings under Mail→ Accounts→ Exchange ActiveSync→ Account→ Password.
You’ll find out here how to distribute the new profile (see section Assigning profiles).